Comfast AC1200 Setup: Everything You Need to Know
Installing a Comfast AC1200 WiFi range extender is an ideal choice to access a lag-free internet connection throughout the house. However, a lot of users who own the device are unaware of the Comfast AC1200 setup process. If you also own a Comfast AC1200 extender and are looking to set it up, then this is the post you need to check.
Here, we will share two different methods to help you make your Comfast device up and running in a matter of minutes. What are those methods? Let’s discuss.
Comfast AC1200 Setup Methods
Following are the methods that can be used to set up a Comfast AC1200 range extender:
1. WPS Method: This method involves the pushing of a button on your Comfast AC1200 device.
2. Manual Method: You need to access the web-based management page of the Comfast range extender in this method.
Now, let’s dig deeper and discuss both methods to perform Comfast AC1200 setup.
Comfast AC1200 Setup via WPS Method
This method is considered the easiest method to install the extender as you don’t need an Ethernet cable to connect WiFi devices. However, your host router must support the WPS configuration in this case. Given below are the guidelines that will help you install your Comfast device via the WPS method:
- Unbox your brand new Comfast AC1200 range extender.
- Place the extender in the room where your host router.
- Now, connect your Comfast AC1200 to the power source and set the Power button to the ON position.
- Thereafter, find the WPS button on your Comfast AC1200 extender and press it.
- Similarly, push the WPS button on your host router.
That’s it! You have completed the Comfast AC1200 setup using the WPS method. Now, you can enjoy unlimited hours of watching movies and listening to music online. Moving on, let’s make you familiar with the process to do Comfast AC1200 extender setup via the manual method.
Comfast AC1200 Setup via Manual Method
The manual method to set up the Comfast AC1200 extender comes to your rescue when your host router does not support the WPS configuration. However, it needs to be configured completely before heading to the Comfast AC1200 setup process. Check out the instructions outlined below to set up your Comfast wireless extender using the manual method:
- Ensure that the Comfast extender and host router are located in the same room.
- Switch on both WiFi devices.
- Now, connect the Comfast AC1200 extender and router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, grab a laptop and switch it on.
- Run an internet browser.
- Move to the address bar and type the default IP address of your Comfast range extender.
- Press Enter.
- The Comfast AC1200 login page will appear prompting you to set a password for your extender’s web-based management page.
- Once you do that, the Comfast AC1200 dashboard will appear on the screen.
- A few instructions will be displayed.
- Walk through those instructions to get the Comfast setup process complete.
In this manner, you will be able to set up your Comfast AC1200 device using the manual method. If there’s anything that is stopping you from getting Comfast AC1200 wireless extender setup success, the following section will help you fix the problem.
Fixed: Comfast AC1200 Setup Issues
- Make sure that the Comfast AC1200 extender is receiving a continuous power supply from its respective wall outlet. In other words, do not use a damaged wall outlet for powering up the Comfast range extender.
- During Comfast AC1200 setup via the WPS method, a wireless connection is established between your WiFi devices. Know that the stability of wireless connections depends on distance. Thus, do not place your WiFi devices too far while setting up the Comfast extender.
- The Ethernet cable used in the Comfast extender setup using the manual method must be free of damage. Additionally, it needs to be firmly connected to your WiFi devices’ ports.
- Always choose a well-ventilated room to place your Comfast AC1200 wireless range extender. A congested location can create hurdles in the path of your extender’s WiFi signals.
- The web browser used in the Comfast setup process via the manual method must be updated. Besides, it must not carry junk cache, cookies, and search history.
After following the guidelines discussed in this post, you will be able to do Comfast AC1200 setup. However, you need to tweak its settings to keep its performance at par. In case you don’t know how to manage your Comfast AC1200 range extender, contact our support team.